FACETS of Faith is a team. Jennifer, Kim, and Tracy are three women whose hearts desire real conversations about life, faith, and friendship in the context of their own relationship.
Women have a unique ability to connect at a deep, heart level in conversation when it’s genuine, relaxed, and friendly. That’s what we imagine here: maybe a mug of hot coffee, some good reading on a single topic each month from three unique perspectives, and beautiful continuation of the conversations as you include your thoughts.
Conversation [kon-ver-sey-shuh n]
1. informal interchange of thoughts, information, etc., by spoken words; oral communication between persons; talk; colloquy.
We’re not stuffy, not formal, just regular women keeping it real. We would love for you to join the conversation at FACETS.
Take a look at each of the FACETS’ bios to get to know them more personally.
What We Believe
You might like to know what we mean by “conversations about faith,” and we would love to clarify our faith perspective:
- One God in three persons—Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- Jesus Christ’s deity, virgin birth, sinless humanity, substitutionary death, atoning blood, bodily resurrection and ascension to heaven
- The entire Bible is God’s infallible revelation to man
- Salvation by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone
- The resurrection of the body: eternal glory for believers in heaven and everlasting punishment for unbelievers in hell
- The one true church, the body of Christ, consisting of all believers
- Obedience to our Lord’s command to lead people of all nations to faith in Christ and to grow in Christ-likeness
- Christ’s personal return to establish His Kingdom on earth
- The Holy Spirit indwells and empowers believers and is given as a seal and a pledge of our inheritance in Jesus
It all started when a larger group of writers gathered on Saturday mornings to learn more about their craft, workshop writing pieces, and dream about future projects. It didn’t take long before a special connection began to grow between us, so we chose to carve out more time to spend together. A seed was planted, a tender shoot of an idea—to collaborate in some way—so we began to pray for clear purpose and future direction.
As the idea grew, we started to imagine a comfortable place where a common thread of a topic would be shared and discussed from each of our unique perspectives and experiences. FACETS was just an idea mid 2015, but it seemed to come together beautifully over several months. With the help of Tracy’s amazing, tech-savvy spouse, the site was built. A graphically-gifted friend designed our logo. And the ideas for topics during our monthly meetings at the local Panera just kept coming.
The process was fun and full of laughs! (The team hopes to give you a peek at some of the very real conversations.) Imagine three ladies seated at a table covered by laptops, notebooks, and dinner dishes. Chatter ebbed and flowed. The volume was as random as the topic. And the topics? Oh my! We ladies definitely keep it real.
Come on in and get to know us. Bring your real self and all that you are and we’ll bring ours. You’re invited to join the conversation….